The Pegasus seal meets the modern high quality standards and are developed for applications where NO leaking is allowed.
Shaft sizes from 50 mm up to 200 mm (2″up to 8″).
- The Pegasus seal allows both big axial and radial movements.
- The housing is standard manufactured of seawater resisitant bronze but is also available in aluminium.
- The Pegasus seal Standard is without wearing liner. The Deluxe does have a wearing liner.
- Both Standard and Deluxe Pegasus seal can be equipped with a stand by seal or/and a buffer ring.
- The buffer ring quarantees that the shaft will make no uncontrolled movements that can cause leaking. The buffer ring is required when NO bearing is positioned right after the seal.
- The stand by seal is an by oil pressure inflated rubber seal that can be used in case of emergency.
- When maintenance on the seal is required, it is possible to push the shaft backwards when disonnected from the gearbox without slipping the vessel.
- Split seals are available. Using these it is NOT required to demount the shaft from the gearbox flange when changing seals.
- The Pegasus seal is approved by all classification societies.